Hello fellow commuters, Today I will let you in on the items I have in my car at all times as a commuter student.
For those who live close to or on campus, this list may seem like a little over the top, but when you spend a whole in classes at a campus that is an hour away from home, you will definitely thank yourself for having thought of bringing them in your car.
- Cell phone charger – You will always need one, especially since you will be on the road for long periods of time and will need your phone charged in case you have any car trouble.
- Sunglasses – I always forget to bring a pair with me to the car so what is better than having another pair waiting for you there?
- A change of clothes – When you are away from home, you need to make sure your basics are covered, so I always have two shirts, a pair of pants, a jacket, socks, and shoes in my car in case my clothes get wet or dirty.
- An umbrella – This one is pretty obvious but it has saved me from running in the rain a few times, so always try to keep an umbrella in the car.
- Hand sanitizer – I sometimes like to hit the vending machine and get a bag of chips to eat during my breaks in class. Eating oily chips or snacks like Cheetos can leave your hands messy, so hand sanitizer is a great thing to have.
- Earbuds/Headphones – These are great to use during in-between class breaks in which you can connect your headphones to your laptop or tablet and listen to your favorite music, watch movies, or watch videos on YouTube.
What do you carry in your car?